Next GSOC Board Meeting, Monday, April 9, 2018
The next Gopher State One Call Board Meeting is Monday, April 9, 2018 at Breezy Point Resort, Breezy Point, Minnesota. The Open Session of the Board Meeting Starts at 10:00 am. If you plan to attend, please contact Barb Cederberg GSOC COO at 651-681-7303 or at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSOC CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
Gopher State One Call seeks to review applications for Board membership and/or user’s group participation. In particular, GSOC seeks subject matter expertise from the industry sector of outstate investor owned utilities, and potentially subject matter expertise from other industry sectors not currently represented on GSOC’s Board. Applications should demonstrate strong subject matter expertise and direct industry experience in issues affecting safety, as well as a strong interest in underground damage prevention. Candidates should exemplify a collaborative and cooperative spirit and the ability as well as desire to serve independently from the specific interests of any employer, trade association or other group, so the candidate may serve effectively on behalf of all Minnesota stakeholders. GSOC intends to remain an industry leader in notification center innovation and safety and applicants should be aligned with those goals.
Candidates will be required to furnish an application and confirm they will abide by GSOC board policies, including conflict of interest guidelines which are available from GSOC upon request. Persons demonstrating these qualities and experience are encouraged to apply to the Board for consideration.
Applications should be furnished to GSOC by mail to Gopher State One Call, 1110 Centre Pointe Curve, Mendota Heights, MN 55120, Attention: GSOC Board Secretary, Dean Parker, or by email to email@example.com.
- Jan. 10, 2018 DRAFT
- Nov. 15, 2017 APPROVED
- Aug. 15, 2017 APPROVED
- Apr. 17, 2017 APPROVED
Highlights: Jan. 10, 2018
- Chair's Report: Thank you for all of the efforts made to improve the call center and operations over the past few years as well as to those who attended this year's CGA conference in Arizona.
- Ticket Extension Software: Discussion of a proposal for a feature that would allow excavator and facility operators to agree to a delayed start that would be reflected on the ticket.
- MnOps Update: Final details of the Annual Pipeline Safety Conference in April, new forms available ont he MnOps website, damage reporting figures for MN, violation trends, planned 2018 MnOps initiatives, and discussion of possible additional operator contact information on tickets.
- COO Report: Summary of 2017 notification center operations, Users Advisory Group, Annual Report progress, MN CGA Excavator/Locator Recognition Program, action items from the 216D Stakeholder meetings, outreach efforts for major fiber obtics projects in MN as well as private facility operators.
- PR Report: 2018 handbook available, 811 Awareness event at the Super Bowl, and the GSOC vehicle.
- OCC Report: Thank you to the Board fro participation in CSR recognition lunch, 2017 operations recap and review, and plans for 2018.
Next Meeting: April 9, 2018
Highlights: Nov. 15, 2017
- MERC Farm Tap Project: Intention is to replace farm tap lines that are customer owned with utility owned lines that are locatable and regulated. At least 10 public hearings are planned so that there is ample opportunity for public input. MERC has received approval for scoping and design of porposed project and if regulatory approvals are received, plans to begin construction in 2019.
- CSR Appreciation Day recap
- User's Group 2017: Post-event thoughts and discussion
- Delayed Responses to Tickets: Industry practice vs. legal compliance
- Safety Initiatives in the locate and excavation industries: Locator Rodeo, MnOps Safety Conference, and a new GSOC safety award program
- GSOC branded vehicle: Proposal for GSOC vinyl wrapped vehicle to be used for travel to DP meetings, awareness and training events in lieu of employees traveling in their personal vehicles.
- COO Report: Increased efforts on public awareness and outreach, web submission of emergency tickets, upcoming initiatives and goals for 2018
- PR Review: Performance recap of 2017 initiatives
- OCC Report: Call center numbers and goal progress, and ongoing projects
Highlights: Aug. 15, 2017
- Legislative Report: State budget enacted, transportation bill passed, funding agreement for MnOps, bills HF2719 and SF2376/HR2637 introduced
- Board Engagement; Board Industry Support: Board engagement with industry encouraged, Jodi Corrow and Ward Westphal welcomed to the Board, importance of the role of the CSR in enhancing damage prevention, volunteers needed for MnOps locate rodeo
- Website Redesign: OCC's Creative Division presented the new GSOC website redesign
- COO Report: Overview of notification center performance, Users Advisory Group met in June and July, pilot project for web based submission of emergency tickets, safety buffer adjustments have taken effect
- PR Review: Summary of second and third quarter PR efforts, Hmongtown Marketplace public awareness event in St. Paul, GSOC personnel involved in Chapter 216D stakeholder meetings, Staking University, Farm Fest, MN State Fair, Big Iron event, iHeart media campaign, StarTribune campaign
- OCC Report: Call center performance, web based ticket submission, homeowner volume increased, system updates and user survey responses, facility operator outreach project, map updates, ITIC webinars
- MnOps Update: Historical analysis of utility damages, two-foot tolerance zone for horizontal location discussed, overview of 216D Stakeholder review process, proposed HF2719
Highlights: Apr. 17, 2017
- Finance Committee: Notification center performance metrics review
- Locator’s Rodeo: Collaboration with locator industry and Stakeholder participation
- COO report: Annual Report, Homeowner online ticket submission, reducing callbacks, GSOC user survey, web submission of emergency tickets, KFAN increased awareness effort, seeking additional members from Greater Minnesota
- OCC report: User Group survey, 2017 ticket number projections, call center performance
- Outreach/PR: U of M agriculture industry initiative, Chapter 216D Stakeholder review meetings, Minneapolis Home and Garden Show, Hmong Town Market Place, Star Tribune and KFAN campaigns, 811 Walk/Run
- MnOps Update: Damage trends, 216D Stakeholder meetings, discussion of 48 hour notification period increase.
- CGA Conference: More board members encouraged to attend
- Additional Items: New Board member review by the vetting committee.