Ticket Entry Tips
With the digging season in full swing, Gopher State One Call is under pressure to process locate requests as efficiently and accurately as possible! Here are a few tips help in submitting your dig information to Gopher State One Call:
1. Submitting locate requests online through Gopher State One Call’s E-Ticket website at http://mnticketentry.korterraweb.com/ is the fastest way to submit tickets.
2. Phone calls to Gopher State One Call are best for emergencies or last minute digging projects. Metro users can call 651-454-0002 and greater Minnesota can call 800-252-1166.
3. Fax locates are the slowest form of submitting a ticket, and should be the last option used if a phone call to Gopher State One Call or online ticket submission are not possible. Please use the official Fax-A-Locate form provided here when submitting faxes, and remember to print legibly.
4. When submitting tickets online through E-Ticket (http://mnticketentry.korterraweb.com/), there are four areas to make sure you fill out completely:
a. Provide the Township/Range/Section/Quarter Section of where you are digging.
b. State where you are working on the property. For example, “I am working in the front of the yard, the back of the yard, and on both sides.”
c. If you are outside of city limits, state the township in which you are digging.
d. When entering information in the “Ticket Entered By” and “Field Contact Person” fields, make sure to type your first and last name.
5. The law requires you to call 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) before you dig. Gopher State One Call recommends calling 3 work days or more before your dig project to ensure timelines are met. When a locate ticket is created, it is good for 14 consecutive days. By submitting a ticket more than 48 hours ahead of time, you ensure there is plenty of time between utility locating and actual excavation.
6. Mondays and Tuesday are the busiest digging days of the week and are likely to have a slightly slower response than other weekdays.
7. If you are entering a high quantity of locate requests, in addition to entering them online, you can call 651-454-8388 to inform Gopher State One Call of the large number of requests submitted. This way Gopher State One Call can group the requests together.
8. Additional Safety Tip: Once you have submitted a ticket and received your copy, it is best practice to review the bottom portion of the ticket where the Utility Companies in your dig area are listed. If you believe there may be a company missing from that list that potentially has underground utilities where you are digging, please contact that utility company directly. They may need to update their service area on file with Gopher State One Call.